Thursday, July 23, 2009

My new toy, updates, and more promises!!

Ok, so I know the world has not stopped in its tracks because of my inability to keep up with this blog. The short of it...having two takes up a lot more time than I imagined it would! Not to mention, Logan has this amazing radar to know when the computer is open and will fly in from across the room (or the other room) to come pound on the keys, pull on the screen, etc etc. As you can imagine that has limited my blogging time to bedtime or naptime, formaly known also as my bedtime or naptime. However, Ive got a new toy and Im picking up a new hobby! Photography is something I have ALWAYS wanted to get into, and that desire has grown more and more since having children (the PERFECT subjects). I am planning to devote more of that former sleep time to my new hobby. My loving husband has made this all possible by gifting me, probably the best gift EVER---a brand new DSLR camera. (don't worry, I just learned what that means too) Basically, it means I have this really awesome camera, that I know nothing about! Its time to put my money where my mouth is and invest some of my sleep time into learning my new hobby! Im going to hold myself accountable by providing weekly updates (photo updates) of my learning progress.

My lesson learned this week...even on Auto, I hardly have to do anything to these pictures! Im very excited to learn the manual side of the camera, but for now Im just enjoying taking pictures without having to go in and edit every single one of them! Plus, I think I have finally got a picture that really shows their true eye color. A detail that is priceless to a mother! Whatcha think?











4 comments:

Maddy's Mommy said...

Great pics Laura! We got a new camera a few months ago and I LOVE IT! Of course I don't know how to work many of the settings either...but the auto works fine for me!

a.tonagel said...

Great pics! I love my Cannon Rebel DSLR camera. I took a class this spring. I highly suggest doing that. That is how I learned how to use the manual modes. I am still not good at it at all! Have fun taking pics of the kids!

The Hamilton Family said...

I am sooo jealous!!! I will have to come up north and have you take pictures of my kids! I cannot wait to see weekly photo updates.

Annie Pennington said...

Congrats on your new toy! Your babies are BEAUTIFUL!!!!!