Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Life is too precious

I am reminded on a daily basis to stop sweating the small stuff, and lately it seems like God is SCREAMING this to me at the top of his lungs. I feel the need to share this reminder. We've been to a few funerals lately, a few too many if you ask me. I have a close friend who is on an incredibly tough journey (battle?) with her precious baby girl. And then this story that I am about to share with you. I was truly humbled reading their blog, "humbled" being an understatement. Heck I bawled for 30 minutes while I read Bronson's story. I don't know this family. The blog was shared with me by someone also feeling the need to share this reminder "stop taking life for granted"! It makes my daily struggles suddenly seem so unimportant. It makes me want to be a better mother, to not yell as much, to not sweat over the tiniest of things. I mean, who cares if Logan colored on the wall for the 10th time. His mistakes can be washed away, right? I hope this family does not mind me sharing their blog, I just think the message they can give us is so very important. This little boy is a true miracle, and example of the "power of prayer". Please continue to pray for him and his family, especially his mother that she might be able to forgive herself for her "mistakes". I think its pretty obvious that God has forgiven her...

DISCLAIMER: I was told to put this on here in case you missed the point of my post...this is a SAD and frightening/eye opening story about a child...BUT, if you read through the recent posts you will see His glory!
(start on Feb 1st post)
http://stakerzxposed.blogspot.com/2010_02_01_archive.html

Hug your babies tonight!

3 comments:

ajnielsen said...

Laura, thanks for sharing this. Wow - definitely a true reminder not to sweat the small stuff, which I openily admit I do all to often. Do you know this family? How did you find their story? Incredible. Hope you and your family are well. - Jill Nielsen (Royster)

The Viehweg's said...

I am still amazed by this story. It definitely reminds me to look at the bigger picture.

The Hamilton Family said...

Laura, I cannot thank you enough for sharing this link of Bronson's story. It will truly make me stop, slow down, and enjoy the most precious things in my life! I will definitely hug my kids a little harder each night.